5. The 8 per cent year-on-year drop in profits last month compares with 4.2 per cent in November and is the biggest since the current data series began in late 2011, figures released on Tuesday showed.
1. The ground-breaking discoveries in physics, have ignited a firestorm of research, and it’s only a matter of time before their research leads to advances as unimaginable to us now as lasers and computer chips were a hundred years ago, Laura H. Greene, president-elect of the American Physical Society told The New York Times.
6. Many technicians think that during the course of this century computerized robots might compete and win against humans.
1. 7.You Haven't Gotten a Raise in the Last Two Years
2. How much time? And to what extent will bitcoin, in seeking wide adoption as a currency and as a protocol for new applications, face the hurdle of mainstream consumers’ lack of understanding? Adam Ludwin suggests that people don’t need to understand how the technology works to appreciate it. “It has the quality of early Internet,” he says. “People don’t actually know anything about how it works, but they don’t need to know, or care. They just know they turn their computer on and can check email.”
3. Jinan took the first spot partly because of massive infrastructure construction such as building a subway and other projects designed to better use rainwater. Harbin's heavy traffic during rush hour is more due to poor urban planning, according to the report.
5. 《小可爱与拳击手》(Cutie and the Boxer)几乎没有受到观影公众的注意，但好电影名单并非票房大片的罗列。这部达到正片长度的纪录片是扎克利?海因策林(Zachary Heinzerling)的处女作，其影响与感悟同样出色。表面上它只是讲述了一段勉力维持了40年的问题婚姻。然而在表面之下，又惊人地暴露出来的是一段有关竞争（夫妻双方都是艺术家）、怨恨、不情愿的奉献以及持久的爱（这是最让人震惊的）的历史。
Politics also color perceptions of the weather, the survey found. More than three-quarters of Democrats and six in 10 independents believe that the weather has become more extreme over the last few years, while less than half of Republicans say they have perceived such a shift.