1. Given a choice, Chinese university graduates prefer to find employment rather than start a company.
2. When Finnish programmer Jerry Jalava had a motorcycle accident in 2008, he faced a double tragedy. First, he lost his finger, an obvious problem for anyone who types for a living. Second, he had to deal with a medical team who thought they were comedians—learning of his profession, one surgeon joked that Jalava should go out and buy a “USB finger drive.”
3. 英国大选就是个教训。民调也不过是戛纳的“外卖餐点”：预测是傻瓜才干的事。一整周，坊间盛传托德?海因斯的女同性恋恋爱故事《卡罗尔》将斩获金棕榈最佳影片奖，或者拉斯洛?杰莱斯László Nemes 处女作《索尔的儿子》Son of Saul将折桂。最后几天，共识则是来自台湾的导演侯孝贤（Hou Hsiao-Hsien）指导的《刺客聂隐娘》（The Assassin）将问鼎大奖。且据英国博彩分析，《龙虾》是个难缠的对手。但是，最终宣布雅克?欧迪亚Jacques Audiard's 《流浪的迪潘》Dheepan获奖时，大家一致惊讶表示：“真的吗？”所有的评论员、影评人小组、内部八卦、数据统计、上帝都知道，只是少有人提及罢了。好吧，这就是生活。
5. According to China's business magazine New Fortune's 2018 Chinese wealthy list, the top 10 tycoons' total wealth reached 1.72 trillion yuan, accounting for 18% of the combined wealth of the list's total 500, and the top 10's personal wealth has surpassed 100 billion yuan for the first time.
6. Mr Koepke warns that this could easily be upset by the Fed.
1. Disparity between the 34 cities surveyed was still greater, as the the average bonus of over Rmb15,800 in Beijing was more than triple the lowest-paying city of Shenyang, the provincial capital Liaoning located in China’s northeastern rust belt.
2. This compared to a decade ago when there were six Asian cities, 10 European cities and four US cities in the top 20 of the list that calculates living costs in 131 cities in 93 countries and is used by companies for costings when relocating staff.
3. In the MBA ranking, LBS, Insead and Spain’s IE Business School are bunched together with only a few dollars between them. Insead has the top salary at $155,015.
4. Migrants working in rich countries sent home almost half a trillion dollars in 2016, helping to lift families out of poverty by providing financial stability, access to education, housing and healthcare, according to a global report.
5. NBS senior statistician Sheng Guoqing attributed the slowdown mainly due to a 1.4-percent decline in food prices, which were down for the first time in 15 years.
2. British business schools make up ground on their French counterparts in the revamped Financial Times ranking of masters in management degrees.
3. On this season I have but one thing to say: I love you.值此佳节，我只有一句话要告诉你：我爱你
4. On issue after issue, from Iranian sanctions to withdrawal from Afghanistan, there was little difference between his position and that of the administration, but Romney insisted he would have projected American strength more effectively.
5. Soon after he finished his duties, Sun heard loud voices coming from outside.
6. The standout is "Him," a tear-jerker about queer love and cultural intolerance that, in its understated way, is an LGBTQ civil rights anthem.
1. Stand: Lenovo CEO Yang Yuanqing shared his $3 million bonus with workers
2. We will maintain ethical conduct and moral integrity at all times.
3. As the first of its kind, these monkey stamps are sought-after items, with a single stamp fetching 12,000 yuan, much more than its original face value of 0.8 yuan. The complete set of stamps is priced at 1.5 million yuan.
Former world number one Woods has not won a single tournament since 2013 and missed most of the last year recovering from surgery on his back. However, his name alone continued to bank him millions. He earned pound 31 million from endorsement deals with brands including Nike and Titleist, placing him 12th in the list of top earners.
The One-China policy constitutes the political foundation of China-US relations which has remained unshaken despite the changing circumstances, nor can this relationship be undermined. With that foundation in place, we believe that there are broad prospects for China-US cooperation.
The average price for new residential housing rose 12.6 per cent in November year on year, according to a weighted average from Reuters based on data for 70 major cities published by the National Bureau of Statistics. That is up just 0.3 percentage points from October, whereas previous months had frequently seen jumps of 1 or 2 percentage points at a time.
China’s reserves have fallen for nine of 11 months this year and stand at $3.43tn, as investors sell renminbi assets to protect themselves against depreciation and the central bank sells dollars from its reserves to curb renminbi weakness. Falling interest rates in China and expectations of an imminent rate rise by the US Federal Reserve have also fuelled outflows. Reserves rebounded mildly in October, suggesting outflows had diminished.